From our friends at Accident Fund:
General Janitorial and Custodial Safety Rules
• Do not obstruct exit pathways such as hallways or stairs.
• Use caution when mopping floors – use signage to mark wet/slippery floors. Also avoid upper torso twisting motions.
• Do not use chemicals that you have not been properly trained to use.
• Read the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) to understand the cleaning chemicals being used.
• Do not store flammable or combustible materials by boilers or other heat sources.
• Use care and proper handling techniques when dealing with hazardous trash such as broken glass, wires, rusty metals, etc.
• To move a load when your hands are full, use a cart and keep the load light. Never let a load obstruct your vision when traveling in hallways or stairways.